- January 2022 – March 2022: Hiking the Andes mountains in Chili.
- December 2021: Consultant at Omniseal Solutions (Saint-Gobain).
- December 2020 – November 2021: Postdoctoral fellowship at the Department of Computer Science at the University of Leuven, campus De Nayer.
- September 2019 – August 2020: Postdoctoral fellow at the Department of Computer Science at Lund University, in the MIAO research group.
- September 2019 – August 2020: Guest researcher at the Department of Computer Science at the University of Copenhagen, in the BARC research group.
- September 2018 – August 2019: Postdoctoral researcher at the School of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science at the KTH Royal Technical University, Stockholm.
- March 2017 – August 2018: Post-doc at the Department of Computer Science at the University of Leuven, in the KRR research group.
- October 2012 – February 2017: PhD researcher at the above KRR research group.
- Omniseal Solutions (Saint-Gobain)
- 2018: Het Gouden Krijtje (The Golden Chalk) for student-voted best teaching assistant in the Bachelor Informatica at KU Leuven.
- 2016: Gold medal in the No-Limit track of the 2016 SAT competition with the symmetry breaking solver BreakIDCOMiniSatPS.
- 2015: First place in the Logic Programming / Constraint Programming Contest as part of a team with Ingmar Dasseville and Matthias van der Hallen.
- 2012-2018: Daily thesis supervisor for the following bachelor and master students: Neline Van Ginkel, Koen De Cock, Tim Vandeneynde, Nick Brugmans, Benjamin Stienlet, Lieven Paulissen, Pierre Carbonelle.
- 2014-2018: TA Logic for Informaticians
- 2015-2017: Second student ombudsperson for the Bachelor of Informatics
- 2014: Project supervisor for Modelling of Complex Systems
- 2012-2014: TA Introduction to Programming
- 2012-2013: TA Databases
- December 2019: Research visit to Melbourne University and Monash University on invitation of Emir Demirović.
- December 2018: Research visit to the Zuse-Institute Berlin on invitation of Ambros Gleixner.
- August 2018: Participation to the invite-only workshop on the Theory and Practice of Satisfiability Solving.
- Program Committee member for international conferences such as IJCAI and AAAI.
- Nine years’ worth of international conferences and workshops since November 2012.
- 2017: Doctor of Engineering Science: Computer Science – University of Leuven, Belgium, promotor Marc Denecker.
- 2012: Master of Engineering: Computer Science – University of Leuven, Belgium.
- 2010: Bachelor of Science: Informatics – University of Leuven, Belgium.
- 2006: Secondary education with Latin and Mathematics as main choice topics – Sint-Lodewijkscollege, Brugge, Belgium.
- Native Dutch, excellent English, fluent French, survivalist Spanish and German, notions of Swedish, Russian, Greek, Latin.
- 12 years of experience in the C/C++ programming languages, 5 years of Java/Kotlin, 3 years of Python, expertise in a large range of declarative languages such as Prolog, ASP, SMT-LIB, FO(.), MiniZinc, SAT, PBO, MIP…
- 12 years of Linux and Git experience.
- Flexible software project collaborator.
Born 1988-02-03 in Bruges, Belgium.